Confirmation- Engaging faith
During the three years of confirmation, middle school youth continue their faith journey — learning what it means to be a Christian, what make us Lutheran, and what it means to live out our faith in daily life. At Hosanna the Confirmation program is not a sacrament nor a requirement but, it is another opportunity for middle school youth to grow together and develop a faith that sticks with them for a lifetime. Think of confirmation as an intentional youth group- where young people can feel like they BELONG, discover their IDENTITY- who God has made them to be and that they can make a difference all in Christ's name!
During the fall of 9th grade, students who intend to affirm their faith will have a weekend retreat to walk through “what’s next” in their faith journey as well as complete a Confirmation Expression Project to present on Confirmation Sunday in the Fall. Confirmation services are held during worship services on Reformation Weekend, October 29, 2017.
Schedule and program details, Lenten Mentor details, and guide information are below.
Please Contact Pastor Jen Collins with any Questions, Concerns or Thoughts.
When & Where Do You Meet?
- Wednesdays during Connect 360, Fall to Spring
- Time: 6:30-7:30 pm
- Where: Infinity Room (next to the nursery)
7 & 8 Grade Confirmation Information:
- Confirmation Schedule
- Expectations and Goals
- Worship Notes (Hospitality Team) - it is an expectation of the confirmation group to put your faith into action by serving on a hospitality team on Sundays. Youth choose 1 Sunday a month to join in by leading worship in one of the various roles: greeting, offering, communion, play ground- faith friend and coffee/treat fellowship time. Arrive at 8:15, finish at 12 noon. Please complete the Worship note as a family- spend some time talking about where God showed up? How did you help others today? Notes to be turned in by August 1. Total of 12.
- Service Notes- this is another expectation of the confirmation group to learn about opportunities to make a difference locally, nationally and globally. We will integrate service nights once a month into our Wednesday night gatherings, but feel free to serve in other places. Complete 6 service notes by August 1. Recommended 2 hours minimum for service times.
9th Grade Confirmation Information:
Faith Project - as a milestone to show the journey you've taken over the past 2.5 years. The Faith Project is a creative way to share with everyone what God has been doing in your life of faith thus far. This is sharing what God means to you, how you have been transformed and impacted through God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Project to be completed in students 9th grade year.
Parent/ Guardian Workshops
We know that it is tough to be raising jr. high youth. There is a lot that's changing, especially in their faith life. Hosanna wants to walk with Parent/Guardians in that journey. Join us for Quarterly workshops, where we will unpack components of faith formation: Bible, Lutheran Living and real world obstacles.
Join your pastors at 6:30 pm in Conference Room. This is an expectation of families in confirmation group.
9th Grade Confirmation KEY DATES:
Work on Project May-October
August 3-4 Retreat at WAPO, Amery, WI
Confirmation Wednesdays with Pr. Linda, Sept. 19th- Oct. 24th (Youth Night on Oct. 17th)
Complete projects by Oct 3rd– drop off project on Wednesday night
Rehearsal Night is Oct 24th, ready projects for display
Confirmation Conversations- Oct. 1-21st; to be scheduled with Pastor Jen or Linda
Confirmation Dinner, Oct. 27th 6:00pm, present projects to family and friends
Lenten Mentoring- For 7 & 8 Grade Confirmation
Lenten Retreat (Orientation): March 1-2, 2019 *Tentative
Mentoring dates: March 6-April 10, 2019
Faith mentoring is an exciting program that you are able to participate in as part of the Confirmation program at Hosanna Lutheran Church. This program will pair you with a faithful, Christian adult in order to share and help grow in your faith lives.
Lenten Retreat at Camp Wapo: Friday-Youth and their leaders will join for an overnight at the camp. Depart Hosanna no later than 5:30 pm.
Saturday- Mentors (Parents encouraged to join too) will meet at WAPO, from 10:00- 2:00 pm.
Camp is located about 45 min. from Hosanna: 738 Hickory Point Ln, Amery, WI
Schedule for Mentoring on Wednesday Nights, March 6-April 10:
- Dinner - 5:00- 6:00 pm
- Worship Service- 6:00 - 6:45 pm
- Mentoring- Minimum of 30 min., Pick up devotional at the Welcome Desk or download from below...
If you are not able to attend a Wednesday Night, either Mentee or Mentor. 1.) Inform the other person 2.) Plan an alternative meeting time, face-to-face (can use Skype/ Facetime) 3.) Pick up or download the Devotional for the week.
Higher Ground- living faith
Higher Ground is Hosanna's Youth Group for grades 9-12. Opportunities for High School Youth to grow in faith, build friendships, and serve the community. We hope that you will join us and grow deeper with Christ.
WHEN & WHERE DO YOU MEET?
- Wednesdays during Connect 360 (September-April)
- Time: 6:30-7:30 pm
- Where: Higher Ground Room, North of Garden Chapel
- Higher Ground Leaders: Ann & Andy Wachholz
Wednesday night PIE
Join every 1st Wednesday night of the month to get FREE PIE at Village Inn, Wyoming, MN.
Time: 8:00 pm
A time to just catch up, mingle and talk with Pastor Jen. Carpooling is limited, let Pr. Jen know if you need a ride.
- May 20- High School Senior Recognition Celebration at 10:30 service! Please let Pr. Jen Collins know if you'd like to participate to ensure we have a special gift prepared for you!
- June 3- Summer Sunday Kick-off Potluck & Play Day, bring your bikes and trikes! Hot dogs provided- bring a side dish to share.
- June 10 - Summer Sundaes- after worship join for some refreshing and fun Ice Cream Sundaes!
- June 13 - Summer Stretch: Birchwood Senior Living & Zero Gravity
- June 20- Summer Stretch: TBD
- June 24- Blessing of the Life Jackets & paddles
- July 8- Summer Sundaes- after worship join for some refreshing and fun Ice Cream Sundaes!
- July 11- Summer Stretch: Pinz Bowling, Oakdale Nature Center & Second Harvest Heartland
- July 18- Summer Stretch: FMSC Eagan & Cascade Bay Waterpark
- July 22- Potluck and Play Day, Hot dogs provided- bring a side dish to share. Fun and games for all!
- July 23-26 - Vacation Bible School- Day Camp with Luther Crest
- July 25- Summer Stretch: VBS @ Hosanna & Pi Pizza and Lakeside Park Beach Time
- August 2- Summer Stretch: Valleyfair Celebration
- August 5- Blessing of the Animals, bring your (well-behaved) animal to join us for a special blessing during worship at 9:30.
- August 12- Summer Sundaes- after worship join for some refreshing and fun Ice Cream Sundaes!
- August 19- Hospitality Extravaganza!
- Do you like welcoming people? We want to celebrate our hospitality teams and invite you if to be a part of the welcoming teams here at Hosanna. Talk to Kelsey Grachek, firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 22-September 3- Statefair Cleanup, our biggest fundraiser is at the great MN get together. Each person volunteering receives a free ticket to the fair. Clean up typically is from 9:00-11:30pm (sometimes later, depends on horse show schedule).